Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Continue my leptin

Continue with my leptin....as I try to change my diet times, I am also trying to modify my sleep times. HARD with kids fyi. So I turned to all natural melatonin. I found the spray so I can modify my dose (1-3 mg) depending on my level of readiness to go to bed. Melatonin is a hormone that occurs in the body to help start the internal clock be ready for sleep. With this newly found sleep medicine I began to research my circadian clock which is chronobiology (the study of circadian rhythms). Our circadian rhythm are not only or awake/sleep patterns but many other functions in the body that occur in patterns.
As you can see light affects your sleep cycles, so my routine of laying in bed surfing Facebook or pintreast had to be changed. This is my only me time to catch up on the latest gossip. I haven't convinced my husband on my beliefs yet so he continues to leave the t.v.on at night. Guess I might have to invest in a night cap or those goggle looking things. Short sleep durations are associated with leptin resistance and reduction. There is a lot of research on how dependent leptin levels are to you quality and quantity of sleep. I will keep you updated on my journey....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Tell me what you think.