Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My leptin

Let me start with how this started..... I was given a school project to research leptin and how it affects obesity. Leptin is what your body releases when you eat every time you eat.
Leptin is responsible for several things,
1. It tells your body when you are full
2. It goes to your hypothalamus and binds to receptors the release hormones (to many to list).
3. It goes to the liver and tells the body what energy to store as fat and what the body can use now.

How to fix you leptin issues:
1. Avoid processed foods
2. Eat soluble fibers 
3. Exercise
4. Sleep times regular and when dark out
5. Decrease your triglycerides 
6. Eat lots of protein
http://authoritynutrition.com/leptin-101/
This a great resource to check out

When we eat as we are taught to when dieting, every 2 hours, we get leptin overload and the body doesn't know what to do with it all. There for we become leptin resistant. I just knew after this assignment I was leptin resistant. I desperately needed to get my leptin in check. I searched high and low and began modifying my diet. I watched some videos on youtube called leptin for layman (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjdnZ-8paXw ).  I started with the times I ate. I ate with in 30 minutes of rising in the morning, then nothing but water and unsweet tea for 5 to 6 hours, then ate lunch, then again nothing 5 to 6 hours, then dinner. I tried to keep my meal times within 30 minutes to 1 hour each day. For example breakfast every day was 5-530, lunch 10-1, and dinner  5-6. I tried to eat nothing after 6pm. I tried next to keep my bed time by 9pm every night. Those of you with kids know this is sometimes not possible. I stopped worrying so much about house work and focused on me work! Stay tuned for other modifications as I continue this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Tell me what you think.