Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Protein

The #1 question I get asked is where do you get your protein? Well... protein is a nutrient not only found in meant contrary to what some may think. Protein is found in all foods. The fact is I am able to achieve my protein levels faster then non-vegan peeps.
Protein requirements are 0.9 grams of protein for every kilogram you weigh. do you know how much kilograms you weigh? For example if you weigh 150 pounds

150/2.2=68.1kg

Then you figure out your protein requirements by multiplying your kg by 0.9

68.1*0.9=61.29

So..... my requirements are 61 grams of protein.

now what do I eat

Breakfast
1 cup of oatmeal=6gm
mixed with 2 tbsp. peanut butter= 8gm
total 14gm

Lunch
1 cup lentils 18gm (OMG yes I said 18)
1 cup quinoa 8gm
total 26 (so far I up to 40gm)

Dinner
2 slices of whole wheat bread 7gm
1 veggie patty 13gm
a hand full of almonds 8gm
total 28
Grand total 68... see there I over. what did you eat today and how much protein did you have?

See here for a list of how much protein is in your food

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Tell me what you think.